About the Branch
To assist and grow the membership of the Ontario Holstein Branch through youth activities, education, breed promotion, and act as an advocate for the dairy industry.
- Field Service
- Youth Involvement
- Network with Dairy Industry
The Branch Shall:
- Employ field staff to increase membership, registration and participation in breed improvement programs by making contact at the farm level and dairy industry associated events
- Promote Ontario genetics & cattle, both domestically & internationally
- Develop and support youth programs to encourage future involvement in the dairy industry
- Educate members to the benefits of identification, classification, milk recording, sire proving and other genetic programs consistent with a policy that will maintain the integrity of the breed.
- Encourage and guide industry stakeholders in conducting programs and activities of value, effectively and efficiently to the members of the dairy industry.
The Ontario Branch in their LINK Magazine recognizes top producing B.C.A. cows, longtime production awards, and new excellent and Very Good two year old animals. Other pages in this magazine allow the Branch to communicate with the members and inform them of upcoming activities and a general reporting to the membership.